11 January 2012

Catching up with Kara. . .

I feel very fortunate to have been able to keep in touch with one of my dearest friends from college, Kara.  In an odd twist of fate, her husband is currently stationed at the US Air Force Base in Ramstein, Germany.  They will be living there for roughly the same time frame that we will be living here in the UK.

We are still about 9 1/2 hours apart by car--which is actually farther apart than we were when I was in Tennessee and she was in Arkansas.  (Luckily, puddle-jumper flights are really affordable here!) We have talked about many different things we can do together and places in Europe that we can meet up.  In October--Columbus Day weekend--we got our first chance. . .at Disneyland Paris!   Kara was taking a bus day-trip with some other Air Force Wives, so I decided to meet her there.

I took the train down the night before; did a little shopping at Disney Village... had a hotel room to myself (with a bed and a bunk bed).  I was able to watch Medium and Simpsons (kind of--it was in French), read without interruption, sleep in. . it was fabulous!

Sunday morning, I met up with Kara and the other girls. . .IN THE RAIN! And rain it did. . pretty much all day!  But without kids to worry about, it really wasn't a big deal.  It was great to get to see Kara and ride some rides. . soak up some Disney Magic. . have a beer or two in the middle of the afternoon!!  I can't wait until we can get together again!

Kara and me in front of Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant!!

Kyriad at Disneyland Paris (just outside the resort) was my hotel for Saturday evening.
It was cool to see Disney all dolled up for Halloween.